“放鴿子”的英語怎么說?
你有被放過鴿子嗎?或者有放過別人鴿子嗎?“放鴿子”的英文怎么說?看看《我們這一天》中用的是哪個詞吧。
對話原文
You know, I was supposed to have another date the night that we met.
我們相識那晚 我本來還有個約會
I ever tell you that?
我跟你說過嗎
No.
沒有
The woman that sold me the Chevelle,
把雪佛蘭賣給我的那個女人
she set me up.
她給我介紹了個對象
But then I saw you
可我卻遇見了你
and I stood the other girl up.
于是我放了那女人的鴿子
I wonder who she was.
真好奇她是誰
I never have.
我從沒想過
You asked me a question before.
你之前問過我一個問題
-What is it that I love about you now.-Jack...
-我現在愛你哪一點 -杰克
So I'm gonna start with the obvious.
所以我先從最明顯的一點說起
I love the mother that you are.
我愛你身為人母的樣子
I love that you are still
我愛你 你依然是
the most beautiful woman in any room
這個世界上最漂亮的女人
and that you laugh with your entire face.
我愛你笑逐顏開的樣子
I love that you dance funny...
我愛你跳舞時滑稽的樣子
and not so sexy, which...
不去刻意跳得性感...
makes it even sexier.
卻因此更顯性感
But most of all,
但最關鍵的
I love that you are still
我愛你 是因為
the same woman who, all those years ago,
時隔今日 你還是當年那個
ran out of a blind date because she simply had to sing.
為了唱歌 從相親中抽身離去的女子
You're not just my great love story, Rebecca.
你不僅是我生命中最美好的愛情篇章 麗貝卡
You...
你
You were my big break.
你還是我這輩子最大的福氣
Thank you. Thanks.
謝謝 謝謝
And our love story,
而我們的愛情
I know it may not feel like it right now,
我知道現在遇到了一些磕絆
but, baby...
但是寶貝
I promise,
我保證
it's just getting started.
故事才剛剛開始
?
今日重點:
給某人介紹對象:set sb up
放鴿子:stand sb up
最重要的是:most of all
相親:blind date。blind是“盲的,看不見的”,也就是在相親之前雙方沒見過面
重大轉機:big break
?
想看完整視頻,請關注【滬江英語】公眾號