BEC商務英語活學活用:辦公室里的咖啡和點心
作者:滬江英語
來源:網絡
2013-03-04 08:30
Ⅱ.單詞簡析
1) Creamer: white powdered milk that can be added to coffee
奶晶:可以加入咖啡的白色奶粉
ex:I don't like creamer, I prefer natural milk instead.
我不喜歡奶晶,我更喜歡自然的牛奶。
2) Nadda: none, nothing
沒有:沒有,什么都沒有
ex:The policeman got angry when I told him that I had nadda?identification.
當我告訴警察我什么證件都沒有的時候,他生氣了。
3) Receptionist: person who sits at the front of the office to take calls
前臺、接待員:坐在辦公室門前,接電話的人
ex:A good receptionist is important because they are usually the first point of contact for clients.
有一個好的接待員是很重要的,因為他們經常是客戶的第一個接觸人。
4) Essentials: things that you must have
必需品:一定要有的東西
ex:Some people say that food, clothing and shelter are life essentials.
有些人說食物、衣服和住所是生活的必需品。
5) Petty cash: a small amount of cash kept by companies to pay for the small but necessary items
零用現金:公司的小額現金,用以支付小額但是必需的物品
ex:The accountant said that we could use petty cash to buy paper but not to buy a new printer.
會計說我們可以用零用現金去買紙,但是不能用它買一個新的打印機。